A while ago we pushed a new release that addresses some issues and also makes Prey a bit tougher.
- Screenshot grabber in Windows was replaced by preyshot.exe, a lighter version which is based on this code.
- The System Service in Windows now actually runs as the SYSTEM user, and calls programs as the logged in user only when needed (such as for taking the screenshot).
- Patching logic for auto-updates is now more fail-safe. Hopefully this will fix the issues we’ve been seeing on the mailing list. Another important change is that auto-update only will work if the device is not marked as missing.
- New Ifconfig.exe binary for Windows, which allows getting always the right Private and Gateway IP addresses, either if your Windows version is in english or not.
- Creating a new account through the Linux configurator should have problems dealing with strange characters in the password.
You can check the full list of commits over here.
That’s all. Happy hunting!