- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Date Stolen: 5 October, 2012
- Date Recovered: 5 October, 2012
- Theft: Lost and believed stolen
- Missing items: HTC 1 x
- Police reaction: They told us to blacklist it and get another phone, even when we gave them the address that PREY had initially sent us
- Time it took for first report to arrive: A few minutes
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: They did not really
- Final thoughts: Prey Rocks!
Full story below:
The phone was lost/stolen. So we upgraded our account to PREY Pro on and tracked the phone as it moved to multiple locations throughout the day. The police would not assist us and we even tried knocking on their doors to recover it ourselves. The reports stopped for a few hours and we finally recieved another report showing us that the phone had moved about 45minutes away.
We phoned a different police department who were more helpful, at this point I sent a message to the phone telling them their address every time they moved locations and threatened police action until they answered the phone and agreed to allow us to collect it. The police escorted us to where the phone was and recovered our phone on the same day.
PREY is awesome.
Just wish I had it when my iphone was stolen