- Location: Portsmouth, England.
- Date Stolen: April 8, 2012
- Date Recovered: April 9, 2012
- Theft: House Burglary.
- Missing items: 13″ Macbook
- Police reaction: They were very impressed that this app existed and worked. After telling them about it, I later heard the officer recommended it around the office!
- Time it took for first report to arrive: The first report arrived roughly 5 hours after the burglary.
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: Immediately! I was initially dubious as to whether they would take it seriously, or even be allowed to take action on this basis. When I phoned them with the information after receiving the first report, they sent an officer over to me, and a team over to the house the laptop was located at.
- Final thoughts: Ecstatic! I had hoped the laptop would be used and provide reports, but tried not to get my hopes up in case it didn’t work. However it surpassed all my expectations.
Full story below: