- Location: Santiago, Chile
- Date Stolen: 11 July 2012
- Date Recovered: 8 August 2012
- Theft: Broken into house
- Missing items: HP Pavilion dv4t-5100
- Police reaction: Hey, nice app!
- Time it took for first report to arrive: 1 hour
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: 2 hours
- Final thoughts: Good! Excellent product! I recommended Prey to my school mates
Full story below:
In July 11th, around 8 PM, I arrived to my home and I found the kitchen window opened. Immediatly I thought “I was robbed” and the only thing I did was calling the police. The officers didn’t even know how to write “Apple” and after some time the case got closed because of lack of proofs. Time went by and in August 8th, around 11 AM I got a report from Prey with new data about the computer location.
After 6 PM I went to the police. They called me around 11 PM and told me that they found my computer and I could go get it. The case was reopened and they’re currently trying to find who broke into my home.