- Location: London, UK.
- Date Stolen: 14 February 2013.
- Date Recovered: 20 March 2013.
- Theft: Car window smashed.
- Missing items: MacBook Pro.
- Public Transport customer service: I did let them know I had installed Prey and they said if you do get any information let them know.
- Time it took for first report to arrive: One week.
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: Took them a bit of time.
- Final thoughts: Cannot thank the developers of the software enough.
Full story below:
Car got broken on the 14th February and a couple of laptops were stolen. Thankfully I had installed Prey and this enabled me to report the missing MacBook that same evening. I received a report within a week and had a clear image, Facebook account of the person.
The police did not seem to be that excited. They were wondering how I had obtained all this information. However they finally got around to obtaining the laptop a couple of weeks after the first report (8th March). However they kept it for a further 12 days as they stated it may turn into a civil dispute, as the lady had bought my MacBook of eBay. However the lady did not want to claim ownership when she knew it was stolen and I picked it up today from the police.