- Location: Argentina
- Date Stolen: 17th of October, 2017
- Date Recovered:20th of October, 2017
- Case: Classmate stole it from backpack.
- Missing items: Mobile.
- Police reaction: Tried to help, but didn’t do much.
- Time it took for first report to arrive: A day.
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: 3 days.
- Final thoughts: Happy with Prey’s work!
Full story below!
It’s my sister’s phone. She was in her school’s gym class and, when no one was looking, a classmate took it from her backpack without her noticing. A few hours later, she realizes her phone wasn’t there anymore.
They took the SIM and turned all connections OFF so there wasn’t much Prey could do at the moment, but it seems they connected it at night, because Prey sent its first Report and gave us everything in it! Pictures, location, connected and nearby networks, etc.
With this information, we went to the location Prey marked with the police and searched several houses without success. We lost a bit of hope there, but I then asked my sister to request her classmate’s data to check who lived in that street.
And indeed, we got a match! We found the classmate’s home and, after a few “no, no”, she confessed the theft. Today we got her phone back, thanks to the data Prey gave us.
I’ve had Prey for some years now, and today I got to use it to its fullest. Super happy with the results 🙂