- Location: United States of America
- Date Stolen: 26th of September, 2017
- Date Recovered: 27th of September, 2017
- Case: Fell in the bus.
- Missing items: Mobile.
- Police reaction: The police wasn’t involved.
- Time it took for first report to arrive: 10 minutes.
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: 1 day.
- Final thoughts: Thanks Prey!
Full story below!
Tip Nº1: Don’t Panic:
On September 26th, 2017, I was headed home after work. While I waited for my second bus, I noticed that my cellphone was not in my pocket, and knew that I must have accidentally forgotten it on the bus.
I began to panic, but then I remembered that I had Prey installed on it, plus I had my backup cellphone and my laptop in my backpack!
Using my backup phone, I called the missing one. Luckily a young woman who was seated behind me noticed my phone and answered, she told me that she would take it to the lost and found department at the transit office.
I uses Prey with my laptop to track every move and to protect it until I retrieved it today. I would like to thank you, the creators of Prey, and that kind-hearted woman on the bus! You were both watching out for me 🙂
I have Prey on all my devices, but I never thought I’d need it. Luckily I had it to recover my phone, you never know when your phone or laptop may be lost or stolen!