- Location: Oregon, United States
- Date Stolen: 2nd of August, 2017
- Date Recovered: 2nd of August, 2017
- Theft: I left my phone at the grocery store.
- Missing items: Smartphone
- Police reaction: They weren’t involved.
- Time it took for first report to arrive: 1 minute.
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: 45 minutes without the police.
- Final thoughts: Glad I was able to get the phone back.
Did I Forget Something?:
I must have left the phone at the register while buying my groceries, and when I drove home and reached for my phone in my pocket… It wasn’t there. I went back to the car to see if it had fallen out on the seat, but it was not there.
I recalled having it at the store, so I had a sinking feeling that I had left it there. I immediatly got on my laptop and logged into Prey, I was able to see where my phone was on the map and confirmed that it was indeed still at the grocery store.
When I went there, workers at the store had found the phone and were keeping it for me.
It’s great to have some peace of mind knowing I can look up where my phone is. Adding a message on the lock screen, the remote lock, plus all the other options make it a must have app for me! Essential.
Thank you Prey!