Cybersecurity is meant for any kind of organization. Software developers, schools, hospitals, and retail are all subject to vulnerabilities that put their data, personnel, and resources at risk. Kickstart your IT cybersecurity strategy with this free introductory eBook on best practices, common threats, and security frameworks!
Are you hopping into an IT team, or moving into an organization with a relatively new -or outdated- IT structure? Then here’s a piece of advice: step 1 is security.
We have been covering the basics for almost a year with a series of posts dedicated to teaching the basics of cybersecurity that any organization should be aware of. Today, we’re happy to share that compiled knowledge in our new eBook guide!
The Importance of Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity is essential to the existence of technology in the same way civil security and legislations exist to protect its citizens from threats, and exploits.
The name may sound like a heavyweight terminology meant only for big corporations, and top-tier secret Hollywood hackers, but in reality, it is a subject that concerns us all, tech-savvy or not.
Now, you can access this content intocovered basic concepts, such as three-level security (people, processes, and technology), to the list of most common threats any organization needs to be ready for, and the cybersecurity frameworks that you can utilize to make sure your company is compliant with standard security protocols.
In this eBook
1. What is Cybersecurity
- The 3 Types of Cybersecurity
- How to Maintain Effective Cybersecurity Practices
2. What are Cyber Threats
- Types of Cyber Security Threats
- Sources of Cyber Security Threats
- Best Practices for Cyber Defense and Protection
3. What is a Data Breach
- Is a Data Breach Just a “Breach”?
- How can Data Breaches Happen?
- Phases of a Data Breach
- What Types of Data are Stolen?
4. Cyber Security Frameworks 101
- What is a Cyber Security Framework?
- Choosing the Correct Framework (NIST, CIS, ISO/IEC)
- How to Comply With Multiple Regulations