- Location: Argentina
- Date Stolen: 2nd of October, 2017
- Date Recovered: 3rd of October, 2017
- Case: Forgot it at a bar.
- Missing items: Mobile.
- Police reaction: Didn’t request their help.
- Time it took for first report to arrive: 1 hour.
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: 12 hours.
- Final thoughts: Happy! I cared more about the info the phone had, but Prey worked great <3
Full story below!
Bar Hoppin’ Phone:
I went to a bar with my girlfriend and, on our way out, I noticed that I didn’t have my phone on me. I backtracked my steps yet nothing, thus we figured I had left it at the bar
The bar had already closed so we couldn’t do anything, but when I got home I immediately activated Prey and tried to track it. After a while (I guess when the one who found it turned it on), it gave me the address where it was located, quite far away from the bar actually.
The morning after I went back to the bar to check with the owner if he could find my phone among the lost and found items, but it wasn’t there, so I asked him if he had any employee that lived near the address Prey had given me.
Luckily, he had. The clerk gave me her name, address, and phone number, so I then paid her a visit. When I told her I was there for my phone, she denied it over and over until I explained that I had tracked it using GPS, adding the fact it gave me her home’s address.
It was simply a matter of telling her I knew she had it and to hand it over so we could avoid escalating the matter, she then silently looked for it and returned it.