- Location: Managua, Nicaragua
- Date Stolen: June the 4th, 2017
- Date Recovered: June 4th 2017
- Theft: Stolen from a car
- Missing items: Computers
- Police reaction: They were surprised by the app’s efficiency
- Time it took for first report to arrive: 1 hour
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: 1 day
- Final thoughts: Happy, strong, and alive! That computer had a lot more than my life.
Full story below:
When Thieves Sing…
I was working late on a music show, frustrated after my work tools were taken from me. Until the first report arrived, with a location! I immediatly went to the police with the case, but since it was around 1 AM, the only officers at the station were occupied with another case.
I went back home, but not without passing through the location given by Prey first. There I started to investigate, and bit by bit I managed to discover many things about the thief. By the early morning, I even had the name of his family and their personal accounts!
Once again I took everything to the police, who took immediate action after looking at all the evidence. They moved to the house and raided the place, finding my laptop, hidden by the thief.
But that wasn’t it… The burglar snitched on his partner, and the police managed to recovered my other laptop too!
They are both behind bars now and my work files are safe thanks to my Prey Account, which blocked access to both computers and helped me monitor 🙂