- Location: Los Angeles, United States
- Date Stolen: 12th of August, 2017
- Date Recovered: 13th of August, 2017
- Case: Put down and forgotten.
- Missing items: Smartphone.
- Police reaction: They weren’t involved.
- Time it took for first report to arrive: 1 minute.
- Once received, time it took for police to recover it: 11 hours.
- Final thoughts: Great peace of mind knowing where her phone was. Otherwise, we would have been quite stressed about it.
World Police and Fire Games:
We were volunteering at the Los Angeles “World Police and Fire Games”. My wife’s phone was believed to be lost (or stolen?!) at the Convention Center, or maybe put down on a table, left in a restroom, or lost from her bag. Who knew for certain?
When she finished her assignment late in the evening, she came home and told me she could not find her phone. I told her: “Well, let’s see!”, and opened Prey on my notebook.
It showed her phone was still at the Convention Center. The photo looked like it was probably in a restroom (low ceiling).
Early the next morning, my wife left the house to once again volunteer, and I asked her to borrow a phone and call me when she got there.
With Prey, I determined the phone had not moved since last night, so when my wife called I set off the alarm and she immediately found it!